Return Policy and Requirements
At forestrydoors.com we are committed to customer service and allowing customers to be confident when buying online. Our return policy is for unused items and is separate from warranty claims. Please visit our Warranty page for warranty information.
- In order to return an order, you must contact our office at (800-674-2951).
- We offer returns for refund, including sales tax, on orders for up to 30 days after the order ships. Only unused items are eligible for return. Once an item has been connected to a machine’s door, operated, or otherwise shows sign of use, this item is no longer eligible for return except in the case of a warranty claim. Clearance Sale items marked as Closeout, Clearance, Demo, Used, or Prototype items are sold as is and are NOT eligible for returns under any circumstances.
- Customers are responsible for return shipping costs, and initial shipping costs are not refunded.
- If an item is returned without prior authorization, it will be rejected and shipped back to the customer at their expense. If for any reason the product cannot be returned to the customer, we will hold the item for 3 business days complementary before charging storage fees to the customer’s account ($10 per day for parcels, $100 per day for pallets/crates). If a product cannot be returned to the customer after 60-days, the item will be considered abandoned customer merchandise and relinquished.
- If more than 30 days have passed since the date of shipment, some items may be returned for store credit. This will require prior authorization from forestrydoors.com, and returns will be authorized on a case-by-case basis.
- Customers are responsible for carefully packaging item(s) for return. If an item arrives at our facilities damaged or not in “like new” condition, we may reject the return & refund request. If damage is caused by shipping carrier negligence, then your return will not be impacted except for the time it takes to discover and determine the cause of the item’s damage. Please see the “Lost or Damaged Items” section below to learn more. We also may charge a re-stocking fee of 20% if an item is returned damaged.
Returning After More than 30 Days
If you are returning your item after 30 days with an authorized RMA, you will be refunded with store credit equivalent to the purchase price of the item, minus the initial shipping cost, as well as a 20% restocking fee deducted. The restocking fee is completely determined by forestrydoors.com and affiliate suppliers who will receive the returned item.
We will refund your credit card or provide you with a store credit depending on how payment was made.
If you accidentally ordered an item that isn’t compatible with your machine, or it just doesn’t quite fit, we’re happy to work with you and organize an exchange. You will be responsible for the return shipping cost, as well as the shipping cost of the new item that is sent out. You will then purchase the new item separately. You will be refunded for the first order once the item has arrived at our facility and has been inspected for signs of use or damage. Please note that you will likely have two charges on your account until you have been refunded for the first order. The Return Policy outlined above applies directly to exchanges without exception. The following requirements must be met to qualify for an exchange:
- Exchange must be requested within 30 days of the date the order ships. Orders outside of the 30 day window are not eligible for an exchange.
- Product must be in its original packaging or, with approval from forestrydoors.com, repackaged satisfactorily.
- Product must be unused.
- Product must not have been purchased using a financing company (financed purchases are final once shipped, or once the order is funded by the financing company).
- Customer must provide a receipt, purchase order or other proof of purchase. (I.e. Web Order ID)
Lost or Damaged Items
In the rare case of receiving an item that has been damaged during transit, it is the customer’s responsibility to note any damage on the Delivery Receipt and refuse the shipment by noting it on the handheld device provided by the driver. Upon delivery please inspect the items prior to signing the delivery receipt. If you receive a damaged item and would like to return it, DO NOT SIGN THE DELIVERY RECEIPT, and make sure to note on the delivery receipt that the item was received damaged. You will also be responsible for filing a freight claim with the carrier. We will advocate on your behalf, and assist in negotiating with the carrier to remedy the situation.
Please notify us as soon as you believe your order is missing. If your order has been lost in transit, we will work with the carrier to find it. Please give us up to two weeks from the time we notify the carrier of the issue to locate your order.
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding this refund policy, we encourage you to contact us by clicking the link below or calling (800-674-2951).
If SHIELDS® windshield/window (i) breaks, (ii) incurs coating failure, (iii) exhibits excessive increased haze, or (iv) exhibits excessive yellowing or loss of light transmission, in each case within ten (10) years from the date of sale due to manufacturing defect and subject to the definitions and conditions set forth herein, then the purchaser will receive a free replacement windshield/window, provided the failed windshield/window, original sales receipt and this warranty are returned to the original dealer. If a replacement windshield/window cannot be provided within fourteen (14) days, SHIELDS® may opt to refund the original windshield/window purchase price.
This warranty applies only when SHIELDS® windshield/window is used in flat vertical architectural glazing, excluding specifically transportation, outdoor recreational, and off-road vehicle applications, cleaned according to SHIELDS® recommendations (see reverse side for cleaning recommendations). This warranty does not cover (re)installation expenses or any other direct or indirect loss(es) which may result from the windshield/window failure.
Breakage: The warranty against breakage applies only to a windshield/window fabricated, installed, and cleaned according to SHIELDS® recommendations. SHIELDS® windshield/window is substantially stronger than acrylic and resists impact, abuse and vandalism. However, no material or windshield/window can be described as unbreakable, for it is impossible to account for all types of usage.
Coating Failure: The warranty against the SUPERCOAT™ failure applies when the abrasion-resistant surface treatment exhibits flaking of the surface treatment or loss of adhesion between the surface treatment and the substrate sheet, either of which is visibly detectable without the aid of instruments.
Abrasion Resistance: The windshield/window will not exhibit an increase in haze of more than 15%.
Criteria: The sample as manufactured shall be abraded according to Test No. 17 of ANSI Z26.1 (Taber Abrader) for 100 cycles with a 500 gram load.
Yellowing and Light Transmission: The warranty against loss of light transmission applies only to Clear Transparent SHIELDS® SUPERCOAT™ windshield/window. The Yellowness Index (YI) of SHIELDS® SUPERCOAT™ windshield/window (CLEAR ONLY) cleaned according to the recommendations of SHIELDS® shall be less than 5.0 during a five-year period from the date of sale, and shall be less than 10 during a ten-year period from the date of sale as determined according to ASTM D1925 (1977) modified by SHIELDS® as measured with a Gardner Colorimeter. The light transmission characteristics of SHIELDS® SUPERCOAT™ windshield/window, cleaned according to the recommendations of SHIELDS®, shall not decrease (from its initial manufactured value) by more than 5% during a five-year period from the date of sale nor by more than 7% during a ten-year period from the date of sale when tested by the procedure specified in ASTM D1003 modified by SHIELDS® This warranty is limited to excessive yellowing and light transmission losses due to the degradation of SHIELDS® SUPERCOAT™ windshield/window and does not cover yellowing or light transmission losses due to dirt, atmospheric deposits, abrasion, or changes in the physical structure of the SHIELDS® SUPERCOAT™ windshield/window. You should be aware that all glazing and outdoor windshield/window materials are subject to irreversible depositions of atmospheric elements and can be expected to show signs of hazing eventually. Regular proper cleaning will significantly reduce, but not eliminate, that process (see reverse side for cleaning and maintenance instructions). This warranty does not cover hazing caused by physical abuse including failure to clean according to the instructions on the reverse side.
THE WARRANTIES STATED IN THIS PUBLICATION ARE THE ONLY WARRANTIES MADE BY SHIELDS®WITH RESPECT TO SHIELDS®
SHIELDS® SUPERCOAT™ WINDSHIELD/WINDOW AND ARE IN LIEU OF ALL WARRANTIES, WRITTEN OR ORAL, STATUTORY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PURPOSE.
SHIELDS®SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR APPLICATION OF SHIELDS® SUPERCOAT™ WINDSHIELD/WINDOW WHETHER A CLAIM FOR DAMAGES IS BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL SHIELDS® BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT GREATER THAN THE ORIGINAL PRICE PURCHASER PAID FOR THE SHIELDS® SUPERCOAT™ WINDSHIELD/WINDOW.
THE REMEDIES PROVIDED HEREIN ARE PURCHASER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES.
Notice: This dealer is authorized to fulfill the above obligations of this warranty to the purchaser at the expense of: SHIELDS® Windshields, 1000 Industrial Drive, Martinsville, IN 46151 (765-342-2300).
This limited warranty must be completed by the dealer at the time of sale.